Archer VR400 AC1200 v3 wired etherenet connection slower than wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-21 14:55:44 - last edited 2023-10-21 14:56:57
Tags: #ethernet
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 220321 Rel.60385n

Hello, my problem is that my wired connection is horribly slower than wireless.

What I tried?

1- Test with different cat6 cable

2- Test with different ports 

3- Test wif different devices (windows, phone, macbook)

4- Factory reset and fresh start

All results are same. Useless. I read and tried the topics opened on the internet and tplink forums. I even spoke to the local TPlink official customer service by phone call. However, he told me that I should give the product under warranty. I still want to make one last effort by writing here.

This is my speed in modem.

this is cable speedtest

-----------

This is wifi speedtest

I have chosen the tplink product many times so far. However, I experienced such problems every time and as a result, I got tired of giving the product under warranty.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR400 AC1200 v3 wired etherenet connection slower than wifi
2023-10-24 09:21:27

@nikyam 

Hi, to exclude the wired computer issue, did you try different wired client device to test the wired speed?

By the way, who is your ISP please? and what is the bandwidth you paid?

How many client devices are usually connected to the VR400? please make sure only one device is connected when running speedtest.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 1

Tags

ethernet
Related Articles