Volte calling feture not working on router with airtel sim in a 5g enabled area

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-17 18:21:35
Model: TL-MR6500v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 220509 Rel.65700n

I have 2 tp link router tl-mr6500v . I have a airtel sim . Though internet is well working but calling feture isn't working on both router. In settings-network is 4g preferred, volte enabled in both router but still calling feture not working. I changed my preferred network to 3g but without use. I several times reset my devices. In my telephone handset dial tune is heard and telephone icon is showing in router but still no use. I used my router sim in my mobile phone and calling feture works fine. Please help. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Volte calling feture not working on router with airtel sim in a 5g enabled area
2023-10-18 01:30:43

@DEEP18 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

When the same Airtel SIM card is inserted in your phone, please confirm if the phone stays on 4G or falls back to 3G or 2G during the call, which is quite important.

Please note that the MR6500v doesn't support 2G any more, thus it could only work on 4G or 3G, please do confirm if there is still 3G service in your area.

By the way, when you use 3G only on the MR6500v, is internet still working?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Volte calling feture not working on router with airtel sim in a 5g enabled area
2023-10-19 02:00:42

@Sunshinemostly it stays on 4g but sometimes it go to 3g. But it is a rear incident. 

Options
2023-10-19 02:01:50

@Sunshine when I use only 3g , internet not working. 

Options
2023-10-19 02:34:09

@DEEP18 

Hi, we would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 687

Replies: 4

Related Articles