Password not working after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-29 11:15:27
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, my password isnt working anymore after the latest firmware update V2_1.1.3 Build 20230906.

How can I solve this without a factory reset?

Thanks & regards

Manuel 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Password not working after firmware update
2023-09-29 13:27:05

@ManuelK2000 

Try login with a different web browser to exclude a possible character encoding issues.

If your password has been too long it might be possible that the number of characters has been lowered down with the new FW release.

This has happened before with some router models. If that's the case remove the last character one by one while attempting to log in.

If nothing helps then you should reset the router and reconfigure from scratch.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-30 09:16:55 - last edited 2023-09-30 09:18:08

@ManuelK2000 

Thanks for the reply.

I´m using the mobile app on different devices, the password is stored and only 8 characters long, so this shouldn´t be a problem (I read it is cut off at 15 characters).

I also tried it with different browsers on different devices, the result is the same.

Factory resesetting after every firmware update can´t be the real solution, isn´t tp-link going to patch this someday?

Options
2023-09-30 22:13:54 - last edited 2023-10-01 13:34:19

@ManuelK2000 

Are you saying that every time you've upgraded the router FW version, you had to do a factory reset to be able to login the router ?

If that's the case you may contact your local technical support for further assistance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-10-01 10:52:01

@terziyski 

Not every time - but the last 2 firmware upgrades I had to

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 919

Replies: 4

Related Articles