Votes

Do TP-Link sell an Optical Network Termination box (ONT) with a 2.5 gbit ethernet connection? "HACK"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Do TP-Link sell an Optical Network Termination box (ONT) with a 2.5 gbit ethernet connection? "HACK"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-23 14:48:12
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.3

Hey guys!

I think I have discovered a small "Hack" to unlock more bandwidth from my fibre connection.

Giganet (our service provider) comissioned CityFibre to install an ONT box for fibre to the premesis.

They offer speeds of 900-940mbps up and down.

This is purely limited by the ONT box on the wall which has a gigabit ethernet port installed.

IF I installed my own ONT box, it would unlock the full 1000 down and 1000 up simultaneously.

Does TP-Link sell a 2.5 gigabit ONT box?

Thank you in advance!

Z

TP-LINK. WE NEED ETHERNET BACKHAUL ON ONEMESH OR RSSI OR EASYMESH INCORPORATED INTO CONSUMER PRODUCTS NOW!!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Do TP-Link sell an Optical Network Termination box (ONT) with a 2.5 gbit ethernet connection? "HACK"
2023-09-25 03:34:17

@ZakCT 

It seems they have no ONT products for end users.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.