Wrong IP address reported to DDNS host name
Wrong IP address reported to DDNS host name
2023-09-16 20:51:00 - last edited 2024-06-01 18:32:41
Tags: #DDNS IP address
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am using a DDNS service, so I can access to my home devices, even if I am not at home. It worked good, until last week. That time the router started to report a different public IP address, as an update to the host name, then what can be seen on the router admin page. ln parallel, I stopped being able to reach my devices via the host name.

I use the router in PPPoE mode.

I didn't do any modification. The ISP said, they didn't do either.

What can be the problem?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wrong IP address reported to DDNS host name
2023-09-21 02:28:08

@Simion 

Hi, please check the Internet IPv4 address displayed on the router, then on its client devices, you could search what is my IP to check the real public IP address to see if the two IP addresses are the same or not.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Wrong IP address reported to DDNS host name
2024-06-01 18:47:47

I write this update because it may help someone with the same problem.

As it turned out, the problem was cause by my ISP. They put me in a NAT pool without notifying me. That means, I got into a subnetwork and so I had the same public address as many users of the ISP within the same subnet.

As a result, my router could report only its WAN IP in that NAT pool subnet to the DDNS server, its global public IP was unknown by itself, what the rest of the world could see as my public address. That's why I was unable to reach my home network via the internet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 2

Tags

DDNS IP address
Related Articles