WiFi stops working after awhile until I restart AX10 satellite

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-08 11:26:46 - last edited 2023-09-08 11:31:23
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716

I have an Archer AX55 Pro v1 acting as Main router and an AX10 as satellite, after a time (sometimes a day) I can no longer access WiFi, until I restart the AX10, after which I can access WiFi again.

When the problem manifests, the SSID appears on the list of connectable networks, but when I try to connect, the phone tells me the password is incorrect. After I restart the satellite I can connect with no problem.

The AX55 Pro is on firmware 1.2.2 Build 20230803 rel.35127(5553).

Options
3 Reply
Re:WiFi stops working after awhile until I restart AX10 satellite
2023-09-11 08:23:16

@Roklem 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. Is the AX10 connected to the main router AX55 Pro wirelessly via EasyMesh? how far is it between the two routers?

2. When the issue happens, will all client devices have the same issue with the same error message? if you move next to the main router, will you have the same issue?

3. When the issue happens, if you connect a computer to the AX10 via Ethernet cable, do you still have internet access?

4. How many client devices do you have? and what are they?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-11 11:22:12

@Sunshine thanks for your reply.

1. Yes it is using Easymesh and is connected wirelessly. The distance between the routers is something like 3m.

2. When the issue happens noone can cannot to the network, even when in front of the main router. Wifi starts working again once the satellite is power cycled.

3. That I did not check yet.

4. Something like 15+ clients. TV, XBox, Apple TV, Roku, iPad (3), iPhone (4), EchoShow, Printer, Security camera, various notebooks.

There is another router (an AX50) connected via ethernet to the main router that goes into another house in the back which has 5 clients (iPhone, 2 iPads and 2 TVs). That router uses a different SSID than the Main and satellite (and is not using Easymesh).

Options
2024-01-10 16:49:23 - last edited 2024-01-10 16:52:24

I have the same problem with those devices, but both are linked by UTP cable, from lan port on AX55 to wan port on AX10

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 3

Related Articles