Archer AX73 connection problem - please help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-02 09:27:23
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: AX5400

Hi all - after some much needed help please!

( average tech knowledge)

I have a new Archer AX73 router which I did not realise at the time was not a modem router.

My old router is a Archer VR2600 VDSL router. This is fed by a VDSL2 socket and cable.

I have (tried) and changed that modem router to bridge mode following the tp-link guide. Then I have linked it via the CAt5 cable via the WAN ports

I've then tried to copy the ISP settings from the old router to the new one using both the Tether app and also using a browser to access it? The old settings were via PPPoE.

I have 3 green lights on the power and 2.4 and 5 lights, but always a solid red light on the internet so can't get a connection.

Is it possible? What should I try?

Am I better to remove the old modem router and get a single modem in its place?

Many thanks in advance 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 connection problem - please help
2023-09-03 17:58:03 - last edited 2023-09-03 18:00:13

@CI23 

Putting VR2600 in bridge mode is straightforward procedure:

Just observe its original settings like DSL modulation type and any specific VLAN ID (if provided by your ISP).

On AX73 a connection type of PPPoE should be configured and username/password to be entered in the corresponding fields.

Your ISP can tell you if the username/password are correct or any error logged from their side.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-10 15:32:00

@terziyski 

Thanks for your time for a reply.

I've done this yet still only have a solid red light and no internet on the AX73.

If I take the VR2600 back out of bridge mode and reset back to ISP vdsl settings then internet is fine again using only that.

If I change it to bridge mode then no internet using AX73.

I have followed the FAQ correctly (I think) yet am still at a loss.

Any other suggestions you can think of?

Options
2023-09-10 16:03:13

@CI23 

Did you try to copy the VR2600 WAN port MAC address to the AX73 WAN port - your ISP may use a MAC address locking.

Also check the AX73 log file for any useful information.

If nothing helps, call your ISP - they could provide some useful information from their side logs.

Here's a story which shows the bridge configuration steps.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-10 18:43:53

CI23 wrote

I have (tried) and changed that modem router to bridge mode following the tp-link guide. Then I have linked it via the CAt5 cable via the WAN ports

@CI23 

I guess it's probably just a matter of imprecise wording, but just to make sure, you do have connected the Cat5 cable between the modem router's LAN port and the AX73's WAN port, right?

Options
2024-01-24 03:56:51

@CI23  Hi. Did you come right with your AX73? I am having the same issue connecting mine too! Cannot connect using PPPoE.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 936

Replies: 5

Related Articles