Decos S4 Ignoring Ethernet Backhaul in Access Point Mode While Directly Connected to Modem/Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Decos S4 Ignoring Ethernet Backhaul in Access Point Mode While Directly Connected to Modem/Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-01 18:31:02
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've got 3 Decos directly connected via ethernet to my moder/router, and the setup is in access point mode. It worked fine for a while, but recently the two secondary Decos started ignoring the wired backhaul and are connecting to the Main deco via wifi. The main reason I have these is that we're in an ancient house with extremely thick walls and the signal across them is very weak. Thus the signal that reaches my office is no longer sufficient to support video calls, for example. Any ideas where the error may lie? The cables seem fine, I've tested them directly. I've rebooted everything, and shifted into router mode before returning to AP mode. 

I can't do images here but the topology as wired is simple: each Deco is connected with a (fairly long) ethernet cable to the modem. 

As executed: Main Deco to Modem via ethernet; Deco 2 to Main Deco via wifi; Deco 3 to Deco 2 via wifi. 

Thanks in advance. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Decos S4 Ignoring Ethernet Backhaul in Access Point Mode While Directly Connected to Modem/Router
2023-09-04 05:58:17

@kingharis 

Hi, May I know the model number of your main ISP modem router?

How long are the Ethernet cables between the ISP modem to the other two satellite Deco S4s?

Is there any chance that you could connect the second satellite unit via cable to the first unit, then the third unit to the second, like :

ISP modem router---<cable>---main S4---<cable>---satellite S4#1---<cable>---satellite S4#2

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options