Deco 7 - 1 week before returning the product

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-21 06:50:11
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Hello all, 

I just bought the S7 in a store over the weekend (pack of 2). My wifi meshed network as drastically improved (speed x5) to fully used my fiber connection versus before when I was stucked with my French Freebox. So far so good it seems (Download: 413Mb/s/Upload: 435Mb/s). Well not so fast, I have found some issues: 

- I found out I'm on the Version 1 versus Version 8 what does that means?

- I don't have access to my printer, and other devices only compatible with 2.4G rather than the 5G. I can't find a way to choose which Wifi I want.

- I don't have the feature WPS which is on many of my home appliances (like my printer which by the way is only compatible with 2.4G) the only way to connect to the WIFI. 

I have 1 week to make a choice, either I return the product and take a new one but then which one should I get; or I wait for a firmware update. What do you recommend with your experience with your S7 or other models? 

Have a great week all

Jerome  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco 7 - 1 week before returning the product
2023-08-21 14:15:59

@Jerome-Deco_S7 

Do not wait for firmware update for Deco S7, it won't be coming in a week.

If you can't make Deco S7 work for you with latest firmware it has, I would suggest getting Deco M5 set instead. Deco M5 is the most feature rich WiFi5 Deco model. These are the features in M5 that you are going to find useful:

1. IoT network that can run on just 2.4GHz and friendly to devices that are only compatible with 2.4GHz. See TP-Link IoT Network

2. WPS, see How to enable WPS function on Deco

3. Options to force mobile device to connect to specific Deco. It may come handy if you find that specific stationary mobile device (Smart TV, security camera, WiFi doorbell) connects to Deco that is far away instead of one that is nearby.

Options
Re:Deco 7 - 1 week before returning the product
2023-08-24 18:45:22
Thanks, I will look into to one.
Options