TP-Link Archer AX10 channel change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-23 00:55:07
Tags: #IoT Network #Channel
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

Recently I bought an Archer AX10, apparently, i realize my device will keep reconnecting to the router, it is not periodic and it happens randomly.
After investigating, I found two causes to it.

First, the router will automatically change channel and the router's air packet changes according to the channel, so my device is able to detect the changes and had to reconnect to router.

Second, the router will automatically change channel and the router stops sending air packets (e.g., Beacon Frame) for a short period of time (but doesn't seem to had reboot), my device will disconnect since it could not detect the router, only after router starts sending air packets again, my device will reconnect to it. 

My question is that the consistently changing of channel behavior is it correct, as it will affect the connection of all connected devices.
Is the solution to change the channel settings from "Auto" to any channel?

I didn't try to update the firmware to see if the issue has been resolve on latest firmware. But which firmware should I update to?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer AX10 channel change
2023-07-24 15:52:22

@Sue_Xu 

TP-Link recommends to have the latest FW version on your device.

You have to check your device bottom sticker to determine the device FW region and HW version - details.

Once you've done that you can download the latest FW release from the Archer AX10 support page - details.

Here's a FAQ regarding why and how to change the wireless channel manually if necessary.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 1

Tags

IoT Network
Channel
Related Articles