DoS Protection Setting is Blocking two iPhones wifi connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-11 10:19:13
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210120 Rel.67320n

Hello Everyone ,

I recently enabled DoS protection on my wifi router and the two iPhones we have at home recently start losing internet connection even that it is connecting to wifi network. I found out from Router's Firewall report that this mac address / Local IP address were blocked Preventing DoS attack.

- is there anything to worry about ? how to check that iPhone traffic is really abnormal ?

- how can I monitor traffic logs in my router ? systems logs even with DEBUG mode is not informative about this issue .

thanks ! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:DoS Protection Setting is Blocking two iPhones wifi connections
2023-07-11 11:38:02

@Amer-Hash 

Dos Protection Level Settings

ICMP-Flood Protection Level: Middle 2400 packets/sec

UDP-Flood Protection Level: Middle 2400 packets/sec

TCP-SYN-Flood Protection Level: Middle 2400 packets/sec

Options
Re:DoS Protection Setting is Blocking two iPhones wifi connections
2023-07-12 03:29:57 - last edited 2023-07-12 03:40:34

@Amer-Hash 

There's no traffic logs on these home-grade devices.

That's perfectly normal when you use some traffic intensive tasks (like video conferencing or gaming) on your mobiles.

If you feel this annoying, you could lower the DoS protection level settings to "Low".

Here's a configuration guide for DoS protection settings if you need more details on that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 2

Related Articles