Xe75 and VM Hub3 Instant Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-25 12:27:59
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a constant issue with my xe75 and virgin media hub 3, which any time either is reset or there is a break in the Internet connection (virgin can be a bit unstable), the xe75 will not recognise the virgin media Internet connection again until it is reset.

I've got a unmanaged hub connected to my main deco as well, not sure if this is causing the issue? I think the deco may be not correctly auto sensing and then allocating the unmanaged hub as the wan port?! Is there any way to force/specify the WAN port? 

My Virgin Hub 3 is set up in modem mode and my decos are set in Wifi Router mode. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Xe75 and VM Hub3 Instant Issues
2023-06-25 17:58:58

@10ken01 

Hey

The hub is likely a good part of your issue, WAN ports are designed to be direct connected and not via a switch or hub.  If possible direct connect the WAN port and use the hub on the second LAN port.

In answer to your question about sensing.. its along those lines.  More when the router resets the Deco isnt aware of this as the port doesnt drop at its side (still connected to the hub which is ACTIVE) therefore doesnt know to reset / restart a connection again.  If directly connected it may be better at detecting this as it will see the drop.

In terms of forcing WAN port, sadly not

Options
2023-06-26 04:54:11

@Philbert 

Both the modem and the switch are connected directly to the main Deco, so there is nothing between the modem and the deco. 

I think that if the Internet drops, then the Deco tries to take Internet from the switch somehow and won't recognise when the Internet is back online from the modem. Is there any fix? 

Are there any beta firmwares which could help fix this? 

Options
2023-06-26 06:56:18

@10ken01 

Hi, I see you mentioned earlier the switch is unmanaged, if Deco suddenly tried to recognize the switch port as the WAN port, you must have a device that is capable of assigning IP addresses connected to the switch. (For How the WAN/LAN auto-sensing works, please refer to WAN/LAN auto-sensing )

May I know the model number of the devices that are connected behind the switch?

To simplify the network topology, it is also suggested to temporarily remove the switch from the main Deco. (If it must be connected to the network, you could connect it temporarily to one of the satellite XE75s.)

Besides, can I have more details about the disconnection?

Would the main Deco XE75 turn to solid red?

If possible, could you please help me save a picture of the IPV4 page when the internet was disconnected?

(It is also suggested to refer to this link(Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network) to help me check which case is quite like yours.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 3

Related Articles