NAT on strict mode, issues with xbox multiplayer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-05 06:27:51
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 220826

Hi, i have a Archer MR600 V2 , 1.7.0.0.9.1 220826 ref 58057n. everything works fine However my Xbox has multiplayer issues and has a 'NAT on strict' mode so issues with communication during game play. i have tried all the recommended settings with no  positive outcome.

Options
5 Reply
Re:NAT on strict mode, issues with xbox multiplayer
2023-05-06 01:00:14

@Mauricejohn1233 

Did you try to configure port forwarding for the xbox? If it still doesn't solve the problem, please check the Internet IPv4 address on Advanced->Status->Internet part of MR600 web interface to see if it is a public IP or private IP.

If it is a private IP address, it means there is another NAT in the front, if you are using a SIM card only for internet access, that NAT is on the ISP side, please check with the ISP if it is possible to assign you a public IP address.

By the way, may I know who the ISP is?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-06 05:30:35

@Sunshine hi, im with O2 germany and only sim access,  i have setup port foreard but not sure if i have them all for modernwarfar 2, my ip is 10.115.220.175 not sure if its public

Options
2023-05-06 05:44:52

@Mauricejohn1233 

Hi, 10.x.x.x is private IP address, please contact O2 to see if they could assign public IP address directly.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-06 06:18:02
Thank you very much for your help
Options
2023-05-06 11:09:06
hi < just FYI i called O2 and its 50 euros a month for a public IP
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 625