Connection troubles - Virgin broadband/ Deco/ Hive Hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-13 08:12:33
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a broadband set up with Virgin router (but set up as a modem) -> Deco M4 -> Hive Hub (online heating thermostat)

At present the Hive Hub wont connect to the Internet, and I cant find the fault, though I suspect it's Virgin. Everyone blames each other, and Tp-Link has been blamed too.

Are there any diagnostic tools within the TP-Link app? Or do TP-Link have other tools? Seems to me we need to diagnose technically where the problem is. Log files would help.

As the Deco is in the middle of the network, then it's ideally placed to diagnose the problem

Thanks

Dave

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection troubles - Virgin broadband/ Deco/ Hive Hub
2023-04-14 03:49:37

@davem64 

Hi, before using Deco M4, are you able to get Hive Hub to work with the Virgin router via Ethernet connection?

When I checked the Hive Hub installation guide, it only mentioned connecting via an Ethernet cable. If you have other EThernet or wired clients work well with Deco M4 now, I don't think Deco should be the issue. 

Have you seen the suggestion here?

https://community.hivehome.com/s/article/What-to-do-if-your-Hive-Hub-is-offline

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1064

Replies: 1

Related Articles