wifi problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

wifi problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
wifi problem
wifi problem
2023-04-04 09:13:07
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

New here and have a problem. I install my to M 4 everything works fine, but every time I close the wifi signal on my telephone, the connection  also close between them. I have also 2 powerlines when I take them out I not have a wifi signal is it normal ?

I think my modem have to provide the wifi signal and not the powerlines, correct ? Sorry for bad English

Options
4 Reply
Re:wifi problem
2023-04-06 06:50:27

@snap1704 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I am a little curious about "every time I close the WiFi signal on my telephone, the connection also close between them". Could you please paraphrase this issue again? Do you mean after turning off WiFi on the smartphone, it won't re-connect to Deco after WiFi is re-enabled?

" I have also 2 powerlines when I take them out I not have a wifi signal is it normal ?" 

• How are these 2 powerlines connected to Deco?
  • And what are the model numbers of the powerlines

Normally, as long as Deco M4 is powered on, there is supposed to be a wireless signal from Deco.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-06 07:21:30

@David-TP 

Well I have 2 powerlines a PG9072 & PG9073. One is connected to my modem the other is Upstairs. Upstairs, I connect a DS420J Nas but the download and upload speed is to low. So I buy me the TP Link M4  to replace the 2 powerlines. As you know  to configure the M4 I have to do with a tp app and a wifi signal. 

I first disconnected the powerlines and connect 1 M4 to the modem and I want to open wifisignal on my mobile but I not can open. I connected again the powerlines and then I have wifisignal again. I presume the wifisignal go through the powerlines.

As long as the powerlines are connected and the wifisignal is open on my mobile everything works fine but the moment I close the wifi on the mobile the M4 are disconnecting. 

And when I remove the 2 powerlines, because I not want use anymore, I not have wifisignal at all.

My provider not want help me because I not want to rent the mesh pods off him. I think he only have to activate the wifi on my modem again but he not want to do. My modem DOCSIS 3.1 WIRELESS  CH8568LG

Hope you understand  and can help me.

Options
2023-04-06 08:36:25

@snap1704 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Actually, for the set-up of Deco M4, it does not need a wireless signal.

(Please make sure you have downloaded the Deco APP and logged into the APP already)

After unplugging the powerline adapters from  CH8568LG, connect the main Deco M4 to CH8568 where PG9073 is used to connect, then you could refer to this link to finish the setup:

Deco M4 will broadcast a default wireless SSID with no internet connection which is used to set up.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2464/

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-06 09:27:47

@David-TP 

I do this the first time already. But I finally received a call of my provider, that a technician come to my house, because my wifisignal is not good at all. So I think it is better I wait the man come to here and see what happens. Thank you.

Options