Moving from Virgin to BT - Deco switch over.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-03 11:12:54

So im using my Deco M4 with my Virgin Hub (converted to Modem mode) right now but im leaving Virgin and going with BT.  I already have a ONT installed in my home when we first moved in which the advisor from BT said its Fibre so should be plug and play.  I don't want to use the BT Hub but instead can i just plus my Deco M4 straight into the yellow port on my ONT box?  Are there any configurations i need to do within the Deco App?   I don't want to have to change any of the passwords and usernames for my smart home devices so i plan on using the same username and password for the Wifi.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Moving from Virgin to BT - Deco switch over.
2023-04-04 07:53:52

@Shibs 

Hi, if the yellow post on the BT ONT box is an Ethernet/RJ45 port, you could connect Deco directly to the ONT box.

To be even closer, if there is a wired laptop, you could connect the laptop directly to the ONT box, as long as the laptop gets internet service and work well, Deco would do the same thing.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 300

Replies: 1

Related Articles