Download-rate not as expected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-26 10:27:46
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.6.0.22-00_801113_190527_901

Hello,

I've got myself an entire TP-Link Network at home now and it doesn't work properly. I only receive roughly Ø 8Mbit/s via Powerline, even though I've got new cables, a new router and most importantly a new connection (250k). In the tpPLC application it says that the adapter transfers Ø 130Mbit/s to my room which is one floor above the router and adapter, which is clearly not correct.

My Upload is working better than ever, I'm absolutely fine with that, but my Download looks horrible in comparison with my old router/connection.

My network uses:

• Archer VR2100v DSL Router
  • TL-PA8010P Powerline Adapter
  • 2x CAT 8 LAN cables

Router to PC (in tpPLC)                   PC to Router (in tpPLC)                   Speedtest.net results (Download is horrible, Upload works like a charm)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Download-rate not as expected
2023-03-29 10:48:59 - last edited 2023-03-29 10:50:26

@finnlnrd 

Hi, the speed displayed on the tpPLC App such as the 174Mbps or 168Mbps means the powerline rates between the two powerline adapters, instead of real internet speed.

Could you please connect the same client device to your DSL modem router directly to test speed as well for comparison? The DSL modem router is the internet source, so we need to confirm if the DSL modem router speed is slow or not.

By the way, what is the bandwidth you paid for?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options