Device losing internet connnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-05 11:38:58 - last edited 2023-03-05 14:03:39
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.5

Hello my wife's  chromebook has recently been disconnecting from the wi-fi. When i try to reconnect nothing happens, if I forget the network and re-enter the password  get DHCP lookup failed. The only solution I found was to reboot the Virgin router and main Deco which is a slow process. Also when unable to connect to the broadband I tried using my mobile as a wi-fi hotspot and it connected immediately, which makes me think the problem is not with the chromebook

. It occurred to me today this problem started after recently  updating the Deco to 1.6.5. I have not updated the firmware  for a long time The last version was 1.5 something 

As far as I'm aware it's just the one device.

Has anyone else had connection problems after firmware updates , thanks for any advice

Options
2 Reply
Re:Device losing internet connnection
2023-03-07 08:33:11

@friedeggs 

Hi, If it was on Chromebook only, please refer to the suggestions here:

https://appuals.com/dhcp-lookup-failed-in-chromebook/

And it is also suggested to turn off "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for Chromebook.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Device losing internet connnection
2023-03-07 11:19:16

@David-TP  Many thanks for replying. There is a lot to try in the link, I appreciate all the good advice, cheers, best regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 2

Related Articles