Deco with Ezviz powered cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-26 15:26:02
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have installed a 3 unit deco mesh and have 4 ezviz cameras connected. Two of these cameras both model C3WN will not stay online for more than few hours.

Both are connected to my 2.4ghz network and both have a good wifi signal at the camera,  around - 50db.

I have tried both with mesh togglesdon and off but it seems to make no difference. 

Any ideas what I can do to keep them online?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco with Ezviz powered cameras
2023-02-27 19:19:59

@Rickyboy 

I have found some devices with older WiFi cards dont like the MESH, as they basically dont understand it.   The symptom being they will drop off, this is incrediably common in cheap HP Printers.

Options I have been successful with is to

1. Select the client in the app, then turn OFF mesh for that client

2. Under advanced, disable FAST ROAMING

Yes breaking the windows to fix the door!   In short not all devices understand or work with Mesh systems, they don't understand the moving around between nodes, and this is sadly all too common an issue! 

Options
2023-02-27 22:45:41

@Philbert 

Thanks  I thought all was good until one went offline this evening. I've turned off mesh but can't find advanced settings. It's weird because the camera is not connecting to the closest mesh dev either.

Options
2023-02-28 11:30:09

@Rickyboy

Oddly the one that went online came back on for a few hours by itself. Back offline now..I think camera fault. 

Options
2023-02-28 21:12:41 - last edited 2023-02-28 21:13:26

@Rickyboy 

Yeah sadly that will happen, when you disable MESH it will appear to devices as multiple nodes and not one network.  Its up to the device to choose which one it connects too.. 90% of the time its the wrong one in my opinion and usually find it the most remote one..  no idea why!

Turning MESH on again would fix that, but the camera may stop working again.    Its a lose lose situation really mate, if MESH is on you get the best solution but older/cheaper devices may not like it.   Mesh off and all works but no roaming and strange things like you described!

Im usually a bit over honest and say, MESH on... if the older devices dont work, best replace them.   Sorry if thats brutal! lol

Options
2023-04-11 11:28:17

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing connection issues with your Ezviz cameras on the Deco mesh system. It's frustrating when devices drop off and don't stay online. Have you tried resetting the cameras and reconfiguring them? Sometimes, this can help fix Common connection issues. You may also want to check if there are any firmware updates available for the cameras or the Deco mesh system. It's possible that a software update could improve the stability of the connection. If the issue persists, you may want to contact the customer support for both Ezviz and Deco for further assistance. This problem seems to be common, so they may have some additional solutions to try.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1211

Replies: 5

Related Articles