Best router model for Direct Wifi ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-01 12:10:35

Hello, I would like to create my own WiFi network (Direct-WiFi, not Hotspot, not supported now by hardware/software) to make a remote connection (less than 50 meters) between two PCs.

The first PC, in Win10 X64 5GHz WiFi network card, takes care of the management of a telescope, mount and the capture and monitoring of pictures by cameras.
The second, in Win11 X64, 5GHz network card, is responsible for receiving the images captured by the first PC to make it a post-processing.

I am told of a router to do this operation.

How should you configure all of this in order to obtain a WiFi network in direct connection?
I don't need the Internet, then the two machines are nomadic.
Thank you for your suggestion and type of equipment to do this.

Vincent.

PS: I especially don't want an Ethernet cable between the 2 pcs!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Best router model for Direct Wifi ?
2023-02-01 21:53:34

@vidalv 

You dont even need a Router to do this, if both devices have a WiFi card then they can talk Peer to Peer.   Any USB WiFi card should work for you

This video should show you how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59SdMRUyQ_s

Options
2023-02-02 08:56:05
Hello @Philbert, thanks for answer. That's ok after making connection to the 2 PC is there a way to initialize a Remote Desktop Protocol ? I need to get remote screen to the laptop to check Mini-PC activity.
Options
2023-02-03 11:29:32

@vidalv 

Hey

Yes indeed, provided its Windows you can use Remote Desktop.  Just need to enable it on the PC.

It wont let me post a link so google   How to use Remote Desktop app to connect to a PC on Windows 10  and look for the Windows Central site

Or you could try something like RealVNC as an alternative, just install it on both PCs, one as server one as client

Options
2023-02-03 15:44:53

Hi  @Philbert, yes thanks first is not so easy to use Direct Wifi on Windows then adding RDP is not documented. I don't like Real VNC, then RDP is included in Win-Pro version. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 333

Replies: 4

Related Articles