Archer C7 1.2.1 firmware update Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-28 07:27:18
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211210 rel.51212(4341)

Hello, I discovered today while trying to solve internet issues that my Router has an update. I have been attempting to download it as shown in the Online Upgrade Section, but everytime I try, I get the "Unable to Download the Firmware File" error. I then tried to proceed with that update manually, from the Tp-Link website, but that such update was not there. I was unsure how to rectify this issue and was hoping someone here might have an answer. Thanks for your time in advance

Here's the update details as presented in the web manager:

Current Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211210 rel.51212(4341)

Latest Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220715 rel.19099

Latest Update Features: 

1. Fixed the Bug that IPV6 turn on automatically after reboot

2. Fixed the bug that Dyndns resolution failure

3. Optimize the experience using tether app

4. Enhnace Device Security

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 1.2.1 firmware update Issues
2023-02-01 09:24:33

@LuaLilfaris 

What is the region version of your Archer C7 V5, is it CA or US? You may verify this by checking on the device label.

If it fails to download the latest firmware from the cloud server automatically, please make sure you have a stable internet, then try to manually change the DNS servers on the router to some public ones, such as 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1, then try upgrading the firmware again.

You may follow this FAQ to troubleshoot further.

Regarding the firmware issue on the local website, I will feedback to the local website admin and ask them to publish the latest firmware as soon as possible, you can then check it later.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options