Deco M4 second Ethernet port stop working when Internet is down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-10 15:12:17 - last edited 2023-01-10 15:18:13
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 Build 20220823 Rel. 41353

Hi,

I just setup my Deco network like the picture bellow.

The problem I am facing is that my Local Media Server, which is just an ARM64 computer running Debian, gets disconnected when the internet is down. I hypothesize that the Main Deco goes to Wan/backhaul listening mode when the eth1 gets disconnected from the internet.

I already switched the eth1 and eth2 ports, and I still have the same problem. Is there a way to force one of the ports to behave as a regular Ethernet port?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 second Ethernet port stop working when Internet is down
2023-01-10 23:56:31 - last edited 2023-01-11 00:11:27

Adding more info to the first post. The problem happens when I restart the Main router, during the time that eth1 is disconnected the main Deco break eth2.

Steps to reproduce:

• Set up the Main Deco
  • Connect it to the internet using eth 1 or 2
  • Connect a computer to the other Ethernet port
  • Start transferring a file from the Local Media Server to another computer on the WiFi network
  • Disconnect the Internet (Wan) Ethernet cable or restart the Modem

What happens: When I do that the Local Media Server gets disconnected until the Wan connection is restored. WiFi devices are not impacted.

What I expect to happen: Local Media Server would keep transferring the file to the other computer on the local network.

Options
2023-01-11 08:04:47

@gmlupatelli 

Hi,  I think you are right and the current issue is very likely caused by the WAN-LAN Auto-sensing feature:

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Is there any chance that you could connect the LAN media server to one of the satellite Deco M4?

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-16 03:23:31

@David-TP. It would be a major inconvenience as I don't have a dedicated location for it where the other Deco is. Is there any ETA for solving? 

Options
2023-01-16 16:37:26

@gmlupatelli 

If your Main Deco connected to Router/Gateway (and not just to Modem), there is workaround. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 664

Replies: 4

Related Articles