Wi-Fi Routers Support WireGuard VPN Now

Wi-Fi Routers Support WireGuard VPN Now

149 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi Routers Support WireGuard VPN Now
2023-11-25 11:52:51

@Waterfox Not trying to defend the company here, but they did put in bold letters and triple asterisk everywhere:

3. Planned***: Kindly note that Planned is NOT a guarantee, as the plan can be adjusted or changed.

The only promise is that there were no promise.

Options
2023-11-27 15:27:10

@Decapoda 

this is not an issue of disclaimer........ seriously, taking 1 yr just to plan but nothing to show for it and best yet, no updates 🤦🏻

Options
2023-12-04 04:17:35

@Kevin_Z Eagerly awaiting updates (I have an AXE75)

Options
2023-12-04 10:04:20

@Kevin_Z, it is important that this feature is also available on the Deco X50, Archer AX72 and Archer GX90 models.

These are the models that I checked that currently support OpenVPN and are available on the tp-link Brazil website.

The use of a VPN would be common for those who have these models and not having Wireguard support is a reason not to consider the brand when opting for better quality models.

Please add Wireguard Server/Client functionality to these models as soon as possible.

Options
2023-12-23 22:48:29

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the updates and info.

Just want to say, I also planned to buy TP-Link routers but do note that Planned is NOT a guarantee, as the plan can be adjusted or changed depending on the circumstances 🤭

Options
2023-12-31 08:34:19 - last edited 2023-12-31 08:37:36

Honestly, what I would recommend is that RPI be connected to any router (even via Wi-Fi) with a PiVPN configured.

Yes, you need to invest a few hours into the project. Yes, it's an additional €70-100, but you get:

1) A dedicated device with a dedicated service;

2) Updates (not one a year if you are lucky, like in TP-Link's case), not stuck with OpenVPN version 2.4.

3) An open-source solution with excellent security;

4) More than 16 users certificates (I think its 24 by default, but can be increased to 254, given that RPI does not choke).

Like everyone else, I've gotten tired of waiting and done the above, and so far, it works flawlessly.

Options
What about plans for supporting Wireguard on the Deco models?
2024-01-04 09:33:19

@Kevin_Z Recently purchased the three Deco BE65. But was very surprised that wireguard was not supported when setting up the network. In the post I only see Archer models listed. Are there no plans to support wireguard on the Deco models e.g. the BE65?

Options
What about plans for supporting Wireguard on the Deco models?
2024-01-09 02:58:38

Djingis wrote

@Kevin_Z Recently purchased the three Deco BE65. But was very surprised that wireguard was not supported when setting up the network. In the post I only see Archer models listed. Are there no plans to support wireguard on the Deco models e.g. the BE65?

@Djingis I believe Deco will also support WireGuard VPN in the future, but we will not list it here, since this is a Wi-Fi Router forum. We will also publish a support list in the Deco forum when there are Deco models that support WireGuard.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-15 21:24:00

@Kevin_Z Any plans for AXE300 model?

Options
2024-01-18 15:21:59

@Kevin_Z why are upgrades so slow? 

As a  side note: I got wire mesh Eero from amazon from my ISP and they get upgrades and sometimes get new features added few time a year. I just wish they supported wireguard

Options
Related Articles