Wi-Fi Routers Support WireGuard VPN Now

Wi-Fi Routers Support WireGuard VPN Now

151 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi Routers Support WireGuard VPN Now
2024-04-12 01:26:50

@robrage 

Hi, if you can see the WireGuard VPN feature but it doesn't work, please start a new thread and provide more details about your network topology, setup and also the issue so that we could try to assist.

And please also provide hardware and firmware version.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-04-12 07:05:56 - last edited 2024-04-12 07:08:30

Everyone, who are tuning in and still waiting (hoping) for new firmware with wireguard support. Sadly, but it is pointless to wait. This ticket is old, if your router have not yet received firmware upgrade... there wont be an upgrade for this feature.

Better to stop wasting your time and hoping on TP, buy another router from different company which supports wireguard and most likely will have better support/assistance with device.

Options
2024-04-12 20:06:19 - last edited 2024-04-12 20:06:34

@Sunshine It shouldn't be this hard for an advertised out-of-the-box feature to function. I created a separate ticket. However, the energy required to solve this is likely better spent on a product that actually does what I need without the fuss. I don't imagine I will recoup the money and time invested in this either. It's a bad situation. I'm bummed out.  

Options
2024-04-15 02:57:35

@robrage 

Hi, I see your another post and just replied, please have a check: Wireguard Failing AX72 Pro

Regarding the ticket you mentioned, it has been escalated to senior engineer but it seems that we didn't receive your reply after senior engineer emailed you, if it is still the same issue, it is recommended to continue troubleshooting with our senior engineer.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-05-07 20:19:11

@Kevin_Z please plan also AXE 300, it is shame this so expensive high end router to not support it and not even being planed...

Options
2024-05-07 20:22:33

@Matrixplace 

Totally agree, makes me regret buying into that brand. 

Options
2024-05-08 05:22:43

Just noticed this yesterday. It's finally happening

Archer AXE75

AXE75

Options
2024-05-15 15:28:28

@Sunshine 

The post has been edited and the "Planned" table has been removed. Could you please tell us if this means that adding WireGuard support for the models listed in that table is no longer planned?

Options
2024-05-16 06:29:22

sven_spb wrote

@Sunshine 

The post has been edited and the "Planned" table has been removed. Could you please tell us if this means that adding WireGuard support for the models listed in that table is no longer planned?

@sven_spb Thanks for joining the discussion here with WireGuard VPN.

We removed the planned list because we are also not sure when or whether other models will receive a firmware update that adds WireGuard VPN, and we don't want to confuse the community by listing those models in the forum. 

If a model gets WireGuard VPN supported, it will be listed in the firmware release notes explicitly. Please keep an eye on the official website or your router web GUI for any newer firmware updates. When new models are released with WireGuard VPN, we will also update the list on a regular basis.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-05-16 06:41:19 - last edited 2024-05-16 06:42:27

In the end, don't trust TP-Link after this stunt. My last and only TP-Link router. No firmware updates after 2 years, in table it was said that wireguard would come, years later. Naaah, scrap it. Make them buy another device.

I do Hope people will see this post before they buy this brand device for vpn clients, sad, sad...

Thanks for the fish. 

Options
Related Articles