Deco M5 sudden loss of speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-07 01:43:53
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20220818 Rel. 36456

I was travelling since november, and got back a few days ago. Had updated Deco's app on my iphone and my speed on all of Decos M5 was never the same. I can't pass 95mpbs of speed, although my internet is 600mpbs. What happened??? I tried, unplugging everything, restart the decos, update them (they are up to date with the last firmware). I have no idea what else to do... The only different thing on this period of time i was away, that changed, was the app for iphone... 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 sudden loss of speed
2023-01-07 14:45:41

@HuanitaG 

That looks like an issue with Ethernet cable connecting Main Deco to ISP modem/router. It is possible Main Deco renegotiated 100Mbps speed instead of gigabit.

Unplug that Ethernet cable from both ends and plug it back firmly and tightly. If that does not make the difference, try different Ethernet cable. 

Options
Re:Deco M5 sudden loss of speed
2023-01-11 15:46:17

@Alexandre. 

Is it possible to the cable to ruin itself without anything physical happening to it?? Because i live in a house, there was no one at home, why would the cable be the problem???

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 2

Related Articles