Openrach ONT direct to Deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-06 07:13:16
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

Hi All

Ive got a home Ethernet network using the Deco P9 units to create the network, Wifi & Guest network.

Currently my Sky router is a dumb box simply supplying ethernet to the master P9 unit.

Im moving to Full Fibre with ONT which will provide Ethernet to the exisiting Sky router.

My question is.... why cant the ONT connect directly to port on the Master P9 ?

Any info would be gratefully received.

Alan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Openrach ONT direct to Deco P9
2023-01-06 13:22:27

@AlanUKWatson 

I think this can be done, I did a few google searches and found some useful links, most were from the Sky community forum. Its worth having a go once you do change over to FTTP. I was going to put a link here to the one discussion I found that had the best explanation but it won't let me paste my link for various reasons.

There are a number of other discussions from google search that may help. I don't think Sky will help you at all (with any settings) as they only really want you to use their own router. :-)

BT Full fibre 500, 2x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 1

Related Articles