EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

880 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
a week ago

@woozle hi, I have tried the public beta firmware for AX53 AX3000 V1. but the OpenVPN Client feature doesn't work. I already setup correctly for Proton VPN and the status connected to VPN but when I check my IP location still the same, didn't change :(

*sorry for my english

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
a week ago

Hi @babametca ,

i have had same issues and resolved as follow:

a) AX-72 is my main router (DHCP on)

b) from AX-72 I run two CAT6 Ethernet cables, from lan port of AX72 to lan port of AX53 (I have 2) - do not connect or turn them on yet. 

c) setup AX72

d) once done, connect CAT6 cable at lan port of AX53 #1. 
e) once he powers up and all leds are stable (about 2-3 minutes), make sure he is with factory settings. If not sure, reset it by using a paper clip and pressing the button at the back of AX53. Wait for the leds to stabilize.

f) login to AX72 and turn on easy mesh option.

g) scroll down at easy mesh menu and select to search for routers. It will find the AX53 and automatically configure him to work under the same network as AX72 and using easy mesh Wi-Fi. It can take up to 10 minutes for AX72 to perform this setup. Once you  see the AX53 as part of easy mesh and the cable connector icon beside it, the setup is done. Go back to item d above and do the same for the 2nd AX53.

if you have further questions on any of the above, feel free to contact me. I will be glad to help you.

PS: I've had several people from this forum (tp-link and consumers) helping me and giving tips. The above is a collection of all their ideas, trials and suggestions. Much obliged to all!

Options
a week ago

@Router_Review 

Router_Review wrote

@woozle hi, I have tried the public beta firmware for AX53 AX3000 V1. but the OpenVPN Client feature doesn't work. I already setup correctly for Proton VPN and the status connected to VPN but when I check my IP location still the same, didn't change :(

*sorry for my english

Did you make sure the client device you used for checking the IP location was correctly added to the VPN Client's "Device List"? 

Options
a week ago

@woozle yes I did.. but still didn't change my IP location :(

I hope TP-Link will release the official firmware that support OpenVPN Client function for AX53 AX3000 V1 soon. because the public beta firmware 1.2.4 Build 20240206 was release on February 2024 which is already more than half year ago.

Options
a week ago

@Router_Review 

The VPN Client of the AX53 V1 with the beta firmware works fine for me, although I don't have Proton VPN.

So, the problem might be specific to Proton VPN.

By the way, when switching back and forth between VPN Client enabled and disabled make sure you are not being fooled by your web browsers cache when checking your external IP address via a website. Either clear the browser cache each time you check or use another browser or another "what's my IP" website.

Options
a week ago

@woozle actually I did all of that. and also I tried to use TCP and then UDP config, but still cannot change my ip location even tho the status on TPLink is "Connected".

Will TPLink release the official firmware or they will stop only until Beta Firmware? :( because the beta firmware already more than 6months and seems there is not future development anymore :(

Options
Thursday - last edited Thursday

Hello.

Is AX17 (EU) on list with possibility to get ethernet backhaul? 

And second question: ethernet backhaul works also backwards on input wan port of main router or satellites shoud connect via LAN ports?

I have also two AX53 behind my ISP router which does not yet support easy mesh. And I wonder if I should have WIRED network connected differently.

It would be really nice to have Easy mesh in AP mode.

Options
Thursday

@lemiel 

Whell I can't see the AX17 on this list Ethernet Backhaul EasyMesh Routers.

From what I have read the secondary routers should be connected on LAN ports only. Also they have to be reseted before connected to the main router and all should be done automaticaly after connecting. You can read a couple of pages behind, as there are some explanations on the matter. 

Options
Yesterday

lemiel wrote

Hello.

@lemiel Apologies, but we haven't received any advance notice about Ethernet Backhaul support for the Archer AX17. I will update the list in my original post once it's available.

lemiel wrote

And second question: ethernet backhaul works also backwards on input wan port of main router or satellites shoud connect via LAN ports?

I have also two AX53 behind my ISP router which does not yet support easy mesh. And I wonder if I should have WIRED network connected differently.

When using Ethernet Backhaul in Router mode, the satellite router should connect to the main EasyMesh router via LAN ports. If the main router support EasyMesh in AP Mode, then you can connect both the main and satellite to the front-end router/gateway as described here:

EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Yesterday

lemiel wrote

Hello.

It would be really nice to have Easy mesh in AP mode.

@lemiel Regarding the Archer AX53, it already supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, check my original post:

If your AX53 is V1, you can install the provided beta firmware and wait for the official release in the near future.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Related Articles