EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

866 Reply
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-08-24 12:15:17

Akj wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Are there plans to support this on AX21? Thanks.

Hi @Akj, are you asking if AX21 will support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul?

As Thom_NL pointed out, only AX21 V3 supports EasyMesh at the moment and it doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul yet. As confirmed with the product team all EasyMesh routers are planned to support Ethernet Backhaul. So I believe AX21 V3 will also support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul in the future. Please keep an eye on the router web GUI for any newer updates.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-24 12:22:53

Lilcris wrote

@Kevin_Z 

@Sunshine 

Thank you for clarification!

In this case if I have C80 and RE705X can this network topology work to stablish EasyMesh network?

Wired EasyMesh 

AX72      -------------------------------------      C80

AX72 )))    Wireless EasyMesh    ((( RE705X

1 main router (AX72)

1 Wired Satellite (C80)

1 Wireless Satellite (RE705X)

@Lilcris This should work.

So I assume you're saying connect the C80 to the main AX72 via Ethernet cable and connect RE705X to the AX72 via wireless. That would be no problem. You can connect them simultaneously to the main router via Ethernet or wireless.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-24 12:29:49 - last edited 2023-08-24 12:30:53

ImEasy wrote

Hi, Question for all - Is EasyMesh supported when an undamaged switch exists between the main and satellite router? Thanks

@ImEasy 

The answer should be Yes.

However, I would like to bring some compatibility issues to your attention when connecting the EasyMesh devices together via some unmanaged switches from other manufacturers. You can check Q5 in this thread for more details.

Even though this is for Deco Ethernet Backhaul, I will assume that would be the same thing for EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.

Options
2023-08-24 12:43:50
Ohh wow, seems i'm outdated haha. Thank you for the info. My next project will do.
Options
2023-08-24 12:43:50
Ohh wow, seems i'm outdated haha. Thank you for the info. My next project will do.
Options
2023-08-25 01:15:37

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, but using easymesh not AP mode for satellite coz I want to achieve same wifi name woth smooth roaming around the house without loosing half of my internet speed.

RE705X is closed to the main router and I can connect via wireless, so no worries for the speed, my concern is the C80 which situated at the first floor which has thick walls and floor from 2nd floor. So C80 will be connected to main router via ethernet cable, since both AX72 and C80 support ethernet backhaul I hope easymesh will work smoothly without network loop issue.

Options
2023-08-25 10:43:10
Hi
Options
2023-08-25 10:43:11
Hi
Options
2023-08-25 10:59:43
Whut ?? :-))
Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-08-25 13:08:03

hi @oqferraz,

Archer C80(BR)_V2.20_1.13.1 Build 230609

Regards,

Thom 

Options