EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

866 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-04-06 18:37:53 - last edited 2023-04-06 18:38:35

@Kevin_Z 

Any timeline on Archer C80 V2 getting Easy Mesh?

I bought a second archer c80 online and it turned out to be V2 (1st one was V1) and it can't be returned. 

Also have been trying to check updates every day on the C80 V2 router everyday since Jan 30th after the below post.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/521918?replyId=1173578

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-04-14 03:49:45

@Aarbeet 

Sorry that I have no idea either why your device doesn't get the EasyMesh firmware.

It's suggested to contact the local tech support to be advised further just in case there is any customized firmware for it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-04-14 18:16:43

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks Kevin for the response. 

Archer C80 V2.0 seems a different hardware version than C80 V2.2. Considering Version 1 & Version 2.2 have got the updates, wondering if 2.0 updates are planned or not.

From TP-Link Global site Support -> Download Center 

• Firmware for C80 Version 2.0

• Firmware for C80 Version 2.20

Options
2023-04-17 09:20:55

@Aarbeet 

You are right. V2.0 and V2.20 are different hardware versions, but I don't know either why there is no EasyMesh firmware for V2.0 and I assume the V2.0 version would be a customized version for some areas.

Have you contacted local tech support? I believe they would help confirm it and help with a solution.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-04-24 12:23:45

@Kevin_Z Do you have any idea when we could expect an update for Archer AX72? I've got 2 and I'd really love to avail of the fast switching... I'd be willing to try the Beta firmware.

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-04-30 16:45:01

@Kevin_Z 

Same issues. I have an AX73 as a main router and a C80 as satellite One. The only way to make them work together was by pressing the WPS button on both. I tried the other way and to enter in configuration of the main router (AX73) but was impossible. Only after WPS was showing the C80 attached in the One Mesh, and showing me the clients connect.

I was using the guest network to connect only my IoT devices but I had to stopped doing it since it was impossible to activate the guest network in the satellite router (C80).

2weeks a go, I manage to put ethernet wire through my walls (just around 50meters) to connect both routers and looks like everything was good and everything work nicely for a couple days but I started having problems since I want to check again if the issue was solved and I tried again to activate the guest network and to change other stuff and the connection stopped working till I unplugged the satellite router (C80). I had to restart it and did the same WPS process to make it work again before be able to connect through ethernet again.

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-05-02 09:55:10 - last edited 2023-05-05 07:32:05

Goodday, Same firmware issue here ( C80 v2.20 ). May i receive the right firmware? Tia, Thom

The trick for this issue is found here https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-c80/#Firmware ( stay at the ENglish page !! )

First take the oldest and then the next one and after the latest issue solved laugh

Regards,

Thom

* EDIT * The NL support page is missing the link to the correct firmware

Options
2023-05-04 02:47:03

RoodRood wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Same issues. I have an AX73 as a main router and a C80 as satellite One. The only way to make them work together was by pressing the WPS button on both. I tried the other way and to enter in configuration of the main router (AX73) but was impossible. Only after WPS was showing the C80 attached in the One Mesh, and showing me the clients connect.

I was using the guest network to connect only my IoT devices but I had to stopped doing it since it was impossible to activate the guest network in the satellite router (C80).

2weeks a go, I manage to put ethernet wire through my walls (just around 50meters) to connect both routers and looks like everything was good and everything work nicely for a couple days but I started having problems since I want to check again if the issue was solved and I tried again to activate the guest network and to change other stuff and the connection stopped working till I unplugged the satellite router (C80). I had to restart it and did the same WPS process to make it work again before be able to connect through ethernet again.

@RoodRood Can you explain in detail why you cannot add the satellite router via EasyMesh? When you logged into the web GUI of the main router, will you be able to find the satellite router? Please check and install the latest firmware on both routers.

Regarding the Guest Network, it has been discussed previously on this thread that EasyMesh doesn't support extending the Guest Network at the moment.

Options
2023-05-04 02:52:53

Thom_NL wrote

Goodday, Same firmware issue here ( C80 v2.20 ). May i receive the right firmware? Tia, Thom

The trick for this issue is found here https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-c80/#Firmware ( stay at the ENglish page !! )

First take the oldest and then the next one and after the latest issue solved laugh

Regards,

Thom

@Thom_NL 

Regarding the new firmware for Archer C80 v2.20, you can check for updates on the router web interface page or via the Tether App as described below:

How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers (Case 2)

We will report to the local website admins to publish the new firmware ASAP.

Options
2023-05-04 06:29:33 - last edited 2023-05-04 07:30:13

@Kevin_Z,

An automatic update was attempted, but the system listed firmware for the V1 version.

Bit weird because I have V2.20 so I did the manual way of updating.

In addition, I cannot change the wireless channels? I have 1 C80 as router and 1 C80 as AP. Still not working properly (Settings / Ethernet backhaul)

Regards,

Thom

Options