Deco X20 4g router fall over

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-11 22:11:57

I have a Deco X20 DSL router and mesh system. Is it possible to connect the X20 4g router to this system and configure it as 4g backup when the NBN goes down?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20 4g router fall over
2022-10-12 06:51:57

@StayAway 

Welcome to the community.

Is your NBN service still over a DSL connection?

Deco X20-4G could be used for Ethernet connection with 3/4G backup when it is set to be the main Deco. So It will work if the NBN provides an Ethernet connection.

How to set up 3G/4G or 4G/5G Backup on Deco router

I have seen feedback before that A user has both Deco X20-DSL and Deco X20-4G in the same Mesh network. He wanted to achieve:

Deco X20-DSL is serving the DSL service as the main connection and when DSL failed, It would switch to Deco X20-4G which starts serving the 4G mobile service.

It is a good idea but Deco does not support it so far. Currently, both the main and backup connections need to be from the same Deco unit.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco X20 4g router fall over
2022-10-22 07:20:35

@David-TP I am wondering the same thing. When the product was advertised. It stated that this feature would be available in the future. However when I look at the latest firmware update it does not look like the product is maintained very disappointing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 616

Replies: 2

Related Articles