MR400 cannot detect my mobile carrier

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-03 11:47:55
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Firmware Version:‪1.0.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210610 Rel.67239n

My router is an MR400 V4.20 EU. I was told that this router can work with my mobile carrier, but when I plug in the card the router cannot even detect the network. Card works fine in my phone. Other sim card, other carrier works fine in the router. I've checked, my carrier is using band3 and MR400 does work with band3. I've set up the APN correctly but until there is no network/signal detected it is useless. I've upgraded the ISP file with the latest, still no network. I don't really know what the ISP file contains. Maybe the APN data? How can I check if my router knows about a carrier? How can I make the router work? Right know it looks like that I've just wasted my money on this device. I had big hopes to attach an external antenna to it and boost the signal on a different location where the carrier signal is very week because of high building.

Options
2 Reply
Re:MR400 cannot detect my mobile carrier
2022-09-05 06:16:00

@grey209 

Hi,are you using original LTE antennas or any third-party LTE antennas now? and who is your mobile carrier that doesn't work now?

Please share with us screenshot of Advanced->Status page and Advanced->Network->Internet page on the MR400.

In addition, when you insert the same SIM card into your phone, please check the network type and band working on the phone at the same location.

For android phone, you could install LTE Discovery App or LTE Cell Info: Network Status to check the 4G band of phone.
For iPhone, please type *3001#12345#* into the area you normally use to input a phone number and press call.You will enter Field Test mode, and you should see the Freq Band Indicator or EARFCN or UARFCN number.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:MR400 cannot detect my mobile carrier
2022-09-05 10:46:12

@Sunshine 

Hello Sunshine,

thank you for the reply! I am using the original antennas. There is a development in the situation. I went to an another town, about 20 km from my first location, and the router works just fine with the sim card. It detects the carrier, has a good singnal strength and I can browse the internet.

I've already installed LTE Cell Info on my phone thats why I was able to tell, that the carrier used band3 on the location on my phone.

I have a third location where I would like to use the rotuer, I hope it will work there too. Don't know whats happened in the first location. I'll go back there on the weekend and check if its a permament error, or just temporary.

Gellert

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 431

Replies: 2

Related Articles