Router is bricked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router is bricked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router is bricked
Router is bricked
2022-05-31 23:31:39
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

yesterday I have successfully installed openwrt and I intended to use adblock feature directly on router. However, I wasn't really happy about the result since I was getting 4th of my normal speeds. This led me to the point that I tried getting the original firmware back onto it. The tftp method hasn't worked though. After hours of unsuccessfull attempts I tried to use the feature build into the openWRT to install different firmware using GUI and after clicking submit button the device after turning on just ligths up a power indicator and for few seconds a lock icon. There are no signs that It is in fact in recovery mode. I tried using Linux and getting some logs out of it but nothing shows up (not a single line). I used LAN 1 connection straight to my laptop and the interface's ip address was set to 192.168.0.66 with /24 subnet mask.

Can anyone give me some piece of advice or tell me if I am doing anything wrong?

Any answer is appreciated :)

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 563

Replies: 1

Related Articles