WhatsApp calls not getting through, but chats work.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-01 14:28:13
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20211228 Rel. 55234

I have just, yesterday, replaced my old mesh wifi with a 2 unit Deco X60 system. This, like the last system,is configured in Acess Point mode. With the old wifi I could make WhatsApp voice calls without any issues. With the Deco system it will make an outgoing call or see an incoming call, but does not actually connect. After a period of time a message pops up about unable to connect through WiFi.

As I said I had no problems with the old wifi and nothing else has been changed on the network. Is there a setting I have missed?

Thanks

Simon

Options
2 Reply
Re:WhatsApp calls not getting through, but chats work.
2022-04-02 06:00:53 - last edited 2022-04-02 06:06:26

@Dancingbear1965 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I see you have set up Deco X60 in access point mode and may I know the model number of your main router?

Did the main router also have Wi-Fi broadcast?--if yes, will you have the same issue on the main router's Wi-Fi?

By the way, did all your mobile clients have the same issue with Whatsapp when connected to Deco?

Moreover, would there be any error message when video/voice calls did not work?---can I have a screenshot of the error?

About a week ago, I see similar feedback here and I wonder except for the Whatsapp issue on the Deco X60, do you have any issue with the time setting on Deco?

Options
Re:WhatsApp calls not getting through, but chats work.
2022-04-02 06:03:11

Atul72, I think your case might be similar to this one, and yours Deco X20 is on wireless router mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1178

Replies: 2

Related Articles