TP-Share chopped up my filesystem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-31 15:39:27
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254(5553

I am very UPSET with TP-Link and inferior TP-Share feature. I was a fool for believing that TP-Share will give me a robust NAS solution. Nope, it doesn't work properly as a network share. DLNA doesnt show all files. I am forced to use FTP which isnt the approach I am looking for. 

I am very upset and the reason for this post. I formatted my 12TB IronWolf NAS drive on my windows 7 under computer management to create partition and volume. I gave it a full parition. Whole drive on one letter. Result in 10.9TB. I copied 6TB of data to it.

Put it in an enclosure and plugged it via USB 3 C to C cable. Enabled TP-Share. Tested the NAS, very poor and inferior service. I decided to remove it and move it back to windows 7 again. Now I am VERY UPSET that TP-Share dared to chop up my filesystem and render my data inaccessible. TP-Share gave no warning and there was ZERO documenation about filesystem limiation or such. So why is this happening?  I am going to return my AX6000 and go back to Linksys. TP-Link doesnt deserve my money for such a poor product and software. Data is priceless. Data shouldnt be destroyed just like that.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Share chopped up my filesystem
2022-04-01 11:34:09

@rcolbeck 

Can you confirm what is the issue you are experiencing with the USB sharing on the AX11000? From what you describe, you formatted the 12TB NAS drive with computer management and copied 6TB of data to it, then plugged it into the USB 3.0 port on the AX11000, then what happened? You cannot view all the media files in it? Can I know how many media files can be accessed via DLNA server?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:TP-Share chopped up my filesystem
2022-04-01 12:22:49 - last edited 2022-04-01 19:12:30

@Kevin_Z 

Reasons for abandoning TP-Share. It does not work as NAS. DLNA is NOT A NAS - I wanted a file server. TP-Share appears to be a glorified media server which does not work as intended with many limitations.

I want to be able to map a network drive and access it like a personal drive. I work on my laptop and desktop. I cannot have two copies of important documents. I need a file server where I can work off from multiple computers. I am unable to map these network drives, I had to use FTP to access my files which is cumersome. This is NOT the NAS I wanted. I cannot create users with permissions. You only have FIXED USERS - Admin and GUEST. That is not the NAS I was looking for.

DLNA does not show all files. They are not organized the way I organized them. I swear, I have been looking for documentation, they are all either wrong, old, or poorly written. TP-share added new folders I never created.

But why are you ignoring the fact that your TP-Share did not respect my filesystem? I had 12TB formatted in NTFS as GPT - ONE FULL VOLUME. After testing TP-Share and finding out it's not what I need as NAS. I am shocked how your TP-Share thinks it is ok to change my drive to MBR and create 7 partitions causing data loss! How is this OK? See my screenshot on first post. How is this acceptable? Why did your engineers think it's ok to NOT support GPT in year 2022? GPT have been mainstream for the past 10 years!

Why was there ZERO Documentation on this fact? ZERO Warning, ZERO documentation. I tried reading your TP-Share documentation and it was lacking!

The point of using USB attached NAS is the fact that I can preserve my filesystem and I can disconnect the HDD when needed to bring it with me on my trips. But your filesystem made my HDD unusable elsewhere. How dare your router mainpulate my filesystem without permission.

AX6000 not 11000. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 2

Related Articles