Archer A6 poor 2.4 GHz, slow speed, orange light on WAN on Access point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-21 19:21:20
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20210226 rel.34930(5553)

The Archer A6 is giving a very poor range 

Same or worse range when compared to 5GHz

I am using JioFiber broadband and in recent days the loading time has increased and increased buffering time

It is configured as an access point via ethernet cable 

I check the same with Jio Fiber router but it was good. Upon further diagnosis with the ISP, the ISP router is good and has no problem.

Also, the WAN light is orange but still able to use the Internet.

I tried updating, resetting, trying various settings but no improvement.

One more thing, the router does not want to connect to the smart bulb and if gets connected then the router does not provide internet to the bulb

Router- Archer A6 V2 US

Firmware Version- 1.1.8 Build 20210226 rel.34930(5553)

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer A6 poor 2.4 GHz, slow speed, orange light on WAN on Access point mode
2022-03-22 03:32:12

@premnogiya 

Can I know when did you purchase the A6, was it working properly before?

There are cases that the signal drops or weaken if there are lots of 2.4G signal interfering with yours. Try moving the A6 to open space if possible, you may also try to adjust the antennas on it. Try installing a Wi-Fi analyzer on your phone to review the 2.4G networks around you, then choose a channel that with less interference with others to monitor if the smart bulb will connect.

BTW, what's the brand and model of the bulb?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-03-22 06:38:35

@Kevin_Z 

I purchased on 29 May 2020 and delivered on June 2020 from Amazon.in

I did try all the troubleshooting but no improvement 

Bulb brand- Smitch Wi-Fi RGB - (10W)

B22 Base Smart Bulb SB161001-B22

Options
2022-03-23 01:48:41

@premnogiya 

Thank you for the details. Do you have other devices that connect to the 2.4G network of the A6? Is the connection stable on that? If none of them can stably connect to the 2.4G network, I would suggest reaching out to the local tech support to be advised further:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-03-23 09:33:04

@Kevin_Z 

Currently, there is only one device connected to 2.4GHz that is the bulb but the bulb has difficulty connecting to the internet

But when I tried using a phone hotspot the bulb worked flawless 

Connection is not that stable sometimes on both band

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 666

Replies: 4

Related Articles