Outlook Email Sync Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Outlook Email Sync Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Outlook Email Sync Issue
Outlook Email Sync Issue
2022-03-19 21:31:53
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Email is not syncing to my phone or computer when connected to Deco device. If I turn off wifi I received email. This is applicable only for my corporate email. Emails through my other ISP come through ok. I read another post where disabling the NAT booster helped but I don't see that option for this model. Any assitance would be appreciated.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Outlook Email Sync Issue
2022-03-21 01:49:54

@marpat 

Hi, I see there is another post that is a little similar to your case.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/540330

May I know whether your phone and computer are also Apple devices?

So far, only Outlook Email is not syncing when you are connected to Deco, other mail servers are not affected, right?

May I know when did this issue start?

And are you able to connect the computer via Ethernet cable to the ISP modem and check whether the Outlook email is correctly updated?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-03-23 02:17:09

@David-TP 

My phone is an Apple device, my computer Windows.

I am not sure exactly when this started to happen as I thought it was with my email provider. As soon as I leave the location where the Deco is and my phone switches to roaming I receive ok.

They do eventually come through, for example on Sunday I only had emails in my inbox up until previous Thursday. Monday I had them all. Today (Tuesday evening) I have not received any past 11:30am Monday.

I have not tried the re-wire directly to ISP modem yet.

Options
2022-03-23 02:32:15

@marpat 

Thank you for the update.

If possible, please test your windows PC directly connected to the ISP modem to see whether the same issue still existed.

By the way, is it only the Outlook email that had some delay; other email servers are still working properly, right?

later I would also like to follow up on your case by email and please check whether you could get an email from me.

Thank you again.

Options
2022-05-03 01:38:22

@David-TP I have recently installed an X90 mesh and have the same issue and symptoms connecting over wifi to work email servers.  Intermittent outlook disconnection and mail sync results in extreme email send and receive delays.  When wired to my home Lan email syncs as normal.  This only occurs when on wifi.  All other work applications connect and operate well.  This issue only surfaced once I replaced my home network with the X90 mesh. Has there been a resolution on this thread?

Options
2022-05-03 04:14:04

@bobls 

welcome to the community.

Is it only Outlook server? and would the same issue happen to the Ethernet connection from Deco as well, not just wifi?

Could you please refer to this link to change the DNS server on the Deco to have a look:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-06 08:20:50 - last edited 2022-05-06 08:28:31

@David-TP Hello David! I have the same issue with Deco X20 and microsoft outlook. It keeps asking the password for exchange on Win10. If I switch to different wifi network -- everything works fine.

I have tried switching off antivirus on Deco and Parantal controls -- nothing helped. I also changed DNS servers to other than automatic -- nothing helped.

What else can we try?

I suspect it has something to do with filtration (by Deco) of a certificate of autodiscover.xxx.xx host that microsoft outlook connects to... again, this is just my guess..

Options
2022-11-02 21:42:14 - last edited 2022-11-02 21:45:06

Did anyone ever find the solution to this? My dad needs to work from home and has a Deco M9 - he cannot sync his outlook at all yet if connects to a hotspot it works fine?! Reverted back to the standard Virgin router this evening for him to get him up and running but would like to go spend some more time trying to resolve this on the weekend.

It seems that even if i try to ping the mail sever when connected to the Deco it blocks the connection - as soon as i move onto any other connection its fine.

Given the masses are moving to remote working, i am surprised that this isnt more of an issue (mind you, most would be able to rdp into a session with the network of their workplace).

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!!

Options
2022-11-03 01:58:05

@benji1205 Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I have done the test since the first feedback and somehow the new emails did not come through when my desktop is linked to Deco. If possible, you could try the following suggestion:

1. Make sure Deco M9 Plus is up to date.

(the latest firmware for M9 Plus V2 is 1.5.6 and 1.5.1 for Deco M9 plus V1. and the beta firmware 1.6.0 is for testing now if you are interested.)

2. Remove the parental control profiles if there are any.

3. Disable Antivirus/Firewall under Homecare.

Or please add the Outlook mail server to the allow list under Homecare>Antivirus, such as https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2302

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 936

Replies: 8

Related Articles