RE190 disconnects from the main router after about half an hour

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-06 13:37:07
Model: Range Extender  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 210408 Rel.39823n

Disconnections with RE190

A few weeks ago I bought a RE190 extender to replace the old RE200 that no longer worked (the assistance advised to replace it)

From the day it arrived, it set up quietly and worked. However, I have noticed that after about 20-30 minutes, the extender seems to disconnect from the main router.

Often it gives "no connection" as a warning, other times it no longer connects the mobile device to the router extender

The problem seemed to be solved only by disconnecting and reconnecting the router extender from the power, but after some time the same problem occurs

For a week I had solved the problem by carefully setting the DHCP values ​​manually, but after a week the same problem returned and continues to persist despite these manual configurations

Even the device reset operation does not seem to change the situation, so I have no more alternatives

I haven't had any problems with the old Re200 router for two years, so I don't know what that might be. Are there any differences between the two extenders besides the LAN port that is present in the Re200? Maybe the wi fi connection standards?

I look forward to advice or corrections

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE190 disconnects from the main router after about half an hour
2022-03-08 03:35:27

Hello   @da1pi2 

As I checked, RE190 are RE200's main difference is the LAN port. 

Can I know do you have the same unstable issue on old RE200, if so, before that happens did you change any router settings or update router settings?

For RE unstable issue on RE190 can you help confirm some case details here

1.  Model of router &  Network topology, e.g.  Router AX1500 <wireless> RE450

2. Led status on RE when issue happens

If LEDs are ON, try to log in range extender web page when issue occurs and share a photo of Status page

Can I have a photo of RE DHCP settings, thank you. 

Options
2022-03-08 07:48:00

@Solla-topee 

hello, first of all thank you for replying 

As for the old router RE200, the problem was different, it did not show the wi fi network, it allowed it to be reset

Instead, as regards the current router, it is a RE190, v.5 with updated firmware. I do not know the details of the main router, as it belongs to the owner (with his consent), but I believe it is a Vodafone station with optical fiber

The LEDs all remain on even when it is not working, but since the internet does not work, it does not allow me to access the control panel of the router. I then have to unplug it to resume

The only red light is that of the location, as it is a bit distant, but I don't think that's the problem because the old router also had the same location and worked, and this works occasionally

At the moment, it only worked for two days by putting these settings:

1)LAN auto

2) DHCP off

3) High Speed mode auto

This morning after two days without problems it started not working again until after I disconnected it from the current

The other alternatives I've used are:

1)LAN Manual with IP address and gateway of the main router; and DHCP on configured similarly - No positive result

2)LAN auto and DHCP manual, So it worked for almost a week without any problems, and then went back to not working

3) even the reset did not lead to any solution

So I don't understand if it is a problem of wrong settings or lack of compatibility with the main router (but in this case it would not explain why the old one worked)

Thanks in advance for the answer, if you need anything else ask

I am also willing to speak to an Italian technician to resolve the problem 

Options
2022-03-17 12:15:51 - last edited 2022-03-17 12:16:28

Hello @da1pi2 

sorry for the late update. If you wish to speak to someone, please check if there is local hotline service from here: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

If possible, can you get the model of router from the router owner? Can I know the hardware version of the old RE200?  At the same time I would like to escalate your case through support email and see if our seniors have any suggestions. Please check your email inbox. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 666

Replies: 3

Related Articles