Annoying status page auto-refresh behaviour

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-17 18:27:18

Hi, I owned several old TP-Link routers. I found the web-based management interfacec for all of them has an annoying feature  -  The status page, and some other pages, keep refreshing itself every 10 seconds.

This is a very annoying useless unasked-for feature. It makes reviewing the content of such page very difficult.

I don't why the programmers/project manager/product owner at TP-Link decided to implement this feature.  They think it is a cool feature?

Do people know how to disable this annoying auto-refresh feature?

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Annoying status page auto-refresh behaviour
2022-01-19 09:25:19

@TikTek-Run 

Hello, are you reporting the same as the following thread? Or you are actually reporting something different?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/178070

What are the models of the routers you have used so far, are all of them behaving the same?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Annoying status page auto-refresh behaviour
2022-01-19 17:21:20

I think my issue is the same as the one mentioned in this thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/204088

This issue is not a bug or an accident.  I reviewed the source code of the web interface router management page.  The programmers at TP-Link actually work hard and take effort to put in this ill-conceived behaviour, via this Javascript method:  LoadPage().    So they know what they are doing.

If you save the status page (complete) HTML file (You have to act fast because the page is always quickly refreshing itself every 10 seconds), and review the saved JS Javascript files, you will find it out.

Why do TP-Link programmers decide to put in this very annoying useless behaviour?

Options