Router website default password not working even after a factory reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-02 22:28:15
Model: AP300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: i think TL-WDR3500_V1_130909

So lemme start off by saying that the model above isn't my real router model my real router model is TL-WDR3500 Ver: 1.2.

Around a month ago I decided to upgrade the firmware on the router since it was acting up so I backed up all of my settings on the router(I had a custom DNS setup) and did the upgrade. After the upgrade I was able to log in to the router's website using the default login and once I used the backed up settings the router restarted and didn't let me in back to the website. Since everything was working fine I just didn't think much of it went on with my life. But now I need to log in to the router and I still can't even after many factory resets. I have tried multiple password combinations, but none have worked. I think it might be a problem with the login page since in the console it says(I use firefox):

and sometimes it also says:

(Had to use a screenshot since it apparently contained"illegal links")
There is a possibility that i upgraded the firmware to TL-WDR3500_V1_151104_US (I'm not from the US) but i don't think that that's the case.
Sorry if it had grammatical errors English isn't my first language.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router website default password not working even after a factory reset
2022-01-03 10:42:28

@Icxsas 

What has most probably happend was when you've restored the router configuration from the old baclkup file (which is created with an older FW release) the router refused to let you in into its WebGUI.

See this note from a 2014 FW release:

Most probably the password encryption algorythm has been improved/changed.

In this case resetting the router and re-configuring router from scratch should be fine.

After successful reset to factory defaults the router should be accessible with the default credentials admin/admin.

Either you haven't reset successfully the router or your browser cache creates the issue.

Here's how to reset:

If reset operation is successful and you still experiencing this issue, open the router's WebGUI (http://192.168.0.1) in a private window to bypass the browser cache.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1832

Replies: 1

Related Articles