User Access to App for only enabling Guest Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-16 11:12:57 - last edited 2021-12-21 07:07:19
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I know you can add users to share your DECO access from the App, it has i think only network and admin. But both of them have access to wifi settings and they can see the wifi master and password.

Is there any kind o access that i can use to a friend lets say with an android deco App that will be able to enable disable guest mode only. Pretty useful i think.

Thank you 

Options
5 Reply
Re:User Access to App for only enabling Guest Mode
2021-12-17 03:15:29

@Vassilis 

Hi, thank you for the feedback.

Just want to be clear, apart from the owner and manager account, do you want another account, “only read not edit” and the only editable permission is to enable/disable guest Wi-Fi?

Options
2021-12-17 08:05:50
Yes because the owner has full access and the manager account, it can still see the main wifi password which is a big no no So i user with limited permissions such as enable/disable guest mode is perfect.
Options
2022-03-02 07:54:49
Hi , is there an update on this Have your consider it as an option ? is it on the future workmap or it is dropped ?
Options
2022-06-25 08:10:32

Hi

Is there any update on this ??

Options
2022-06-27 10:01:23

@Vassilis 

I am afraid there hasn't been any updated news about this feature yet.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards.

Options