Static routes not applied after rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-30 09:54:21
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190827 rel.78773(4555)

Hello,

Recently I needed to place a network device on it's own internal subnet, making a static route to the gateway.

For every (working) combinations of routes I have tried, they are simply not loaded/inserted into the routing table after a reboot.

The curious thing is that if you push the enable/disable 💡 icon, after a reboot, to disable then enable the route it is automagically inserted into the routing table as expected.

As a quick environmental description:

- connection to ISP via GPON router

- default gateway/route via GPON internal IPv4

- external assigned IPv4 from DHCP

- external assigned IPv6 from SLAAC+Stateless DHCP

Is there any update to fix this ?

Latest firmware dates from 2019 ...

Best regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:Static routes not applied after rebooting
2021-10-30 16:11:12

@ReGen 

I've seen cases where the static route is still active after reboot but not in the routing table.

Check that after rebooting the device (pinging the device in the other subnet).

If that's not the case then disable IPv6 and reboot the device to see if the static route will persist.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-10-31 14:50:24

@terziyski 

Hey,

I have just disabled IPv6 and rebooted => same behavior: rule is enabled, but route is not present in the routing table. (😅 - good it's not from the IPv6 interface). Subsequently, no route = no ping.

Again turning the rule off and then back on (by using the magic 💡) loaded them properly.

This is quite annoying since it requires me periodically check if it is working properly (there are other users than me) and quite forfeit the other feature of periodic automatic reboot.

If this is a Linux based firmware it is as simple as that: when all subsystems are up, traverse the static route definitions and issue "ip route add" or send it directly to the Netlink kernel interfaces from C code.

Any other things to attempt ?

Best regards

Options
2021-10-31 17:46:37

@ReGen 

No other ideas. Probably you should contact support about this issue - https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 718

Replies: 3

Related Articles