4G Router for France

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

4G Router for France

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
4G Router for France
4G Router for France
2021-10-12 08:23:49

Hi, I am looking at getting either a MR 600 or MR 6400 (4G Router), for use at a property we have in France, firstly for when we are staying there for internet access, and secondly for connection to a cctv dvr for when we are not there, enabling us to view remotely from time to time. 

My question is, would I be better off buying one in France, or the UK. Is there any difference in the firmware ?  as I have read a couple of reviews saying that some people have problems getting it to connect, even using a French sim, which I intend to do.

Your input would gratefully be appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:4G Router for France
2021-10-18 09:01:28

@Marcar 

Hi,it is suggested to buy one from France.

The firmware might have a huge difference but there might be some different about the power plug size.

And it is also suggested to use the local SIM card.

As for your two requirements, the first one would not be a problem.

For the second one, since most of SIM carriers use private IP address, if the CCTV DVR has no its own cloud server and needs forwarding for remote access, the 3/4G routers might not be suitable anymore.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:4G Router for France
2021-10-20 08:24:59

@TP-Link Hi, and thank you for your reply.

I think I will buy the 4G router from France. I believe I can always change the language in the settings if I need to, which might make the setting up easier for me. As for the port forwarding issue, I do not think i will need to, I think all I will need to do is connect to the CCTV's manufactures cloud server, with my remote device (mobile phone). Possibly someone can confirm this to be correct ? The video server is a Hikvision 8 channel DVR.

I did have this arrangement before, when we did have a landline, and an Orange Livebox, which worked fine without the need to port forward. We have now however have canceled our contract with Orange, as it was quite expensive, and we were rarely in France to use it, due to travel restrictions etc. which is why the need to swap to 4G.

I appreciate your input. Many thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1692

Replies: 2

Related Articles