Unable to access by tether from outside

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-16 17:53:40
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Unk

Hi, this is my problem:

Until last week I was able to manage my router MR600 from remote by tether cloud app. Then I started to see the message Dispositivo Cloud (offline) and cannot connect any more. 

Today I went to the router place, and from wifi connection tether works fine (same phone ) . From remote is offline. 

I tryed to:

-reboot the router 

-Change TP-Link ID password from PC connection to the router and from Tether. 

-Uninstall and reinstall the tether app. 

Nothing change. From wifi ok, from remote by theater cloud no. 

Any Suggestion? 

Now I can't go physically back to the router place for some months. 

Thanks

Options
9 Reply
Re:Unable to access by tether from outside
2021-09-16 20:59:14 - last edited 2022-02-28 12:17:24

@DanMR600 

If you have troubles accessing the device via Tether app you could configure the Remote Access feature as a fallback:

To be able to do that you should be on-site during configuration of this feature.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-28 08:13:52

@DanMR600 

Hey Dean, 

Have you found the way to reconnect the app ? 

Just run into similar problem, it worked fine for about 8 months, and now it only connects within Routers wifi, but while mobile phone uses external network, cant connect to router through Tether (appears offline), and I cant receive my SMSs to the app which is what i bought it for.

Im in remote location now, haven't planned to visit the router for next couple of months... 

Thanks for sharing your solution

Options
2022-03-02 12:39:58

@Ziommo 

Thank you very much for the feedback and I see the modem is offline from the cloud server as well.

and there is a new firmware 1.5.0 for MR600 v2, would you mind trying to update to the latest firmware first:

Archer MR600(EU)_V2_210914

Thank you again.

Options
2022-03-02 14:40:27

@David-TP 

Thanks David, 

Any chance this version will be available through cloud soon ? 

My cloud firmware update says I have the latest version, but its not 1.5

Or is manual update the only option ?

Options
2022-03-02 14:41:52

@terziyski 

Hi, 

I don't see as many options within Settings menu in my Tether app ( fresh Tether  download from google store) . 

Could if be your app version is more advanced ? 

L. 

Options
2022-03-02 15:08:26 - last edited 2022-03-02 15:32:59

@Ziommo 

I don't use Tether app - the settings in question are available from the web management interface of your MR600.

You can access your web management interface locally through your Internet browser at the following URL:

Launch a web browser and type in http://tplinkmodem.net or http://192.168.1.1

As for the MR600 FW update follow the link that @David-TP posted and upgrade manually if you don't see a new version through the cloud update.

Here are the instructions for upgrading the FW of MR600.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-03-02 21:20:04

@terziyski 

OK I got someone to update firmware to 1.5 for me locally

Initially I got excited it worked but then it was offline again after less than an hour (I could log into it remotely when someone was locally there playing with router, and then it went offline again)

I noticed 2 times I got someone working on the router locally ( either through Tether or http access) - then my remote connection was temporairly coming back

Thoughts ? 

So odd I never faced this connectivity problems for last few months at least, and suddenly it became a norm. Internat provider is the same, I checked the router both on cable internet coneection and on 4G, its all the same . Could it be its broken ? 

Regards,

L. 

Options
2022-03-04 06:02:38 - last edited 2022-03-04 06:05:09

@Ziommo 

Your description sounds quite similar to this thread's issue.

I wouldn't know what's the cause for this behavior - it may be due to a several reasons - it's FW, settings, operability, your ISP, etc.

In general when you have your MR600 working properly you should be able to connect remotely (either via Tether app or modem's WebGUI).

If you are not able to troubleshoot and find the reason for this issue you can contact your local support and ask for assistance.

Options
2022-06-16 17:30:57

I experimented a bit, bit haven't found the solution yet. 

Oddly for about 3 minutes from power reset,  router connects to cloud correctly and I can access it through APP then . 

As long as ai stay active in APP, connection is stable;  Then after 4-5 min inactivity via app router is not connecting to cloud anymore and is not accessible in APP until next reset. 

Ideas ? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3074

Replies: 9

Related Articles