Deco connection instable - Ethernet and WI-FI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-19 23:24:35
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V1.5.0 Build 20210511 Rel. 34580

Hello.

I've installed my deco devices almost 2 months ago.

WI-FI connection on my phones worked well for some time, but since the initial setup that my computer is always losing connection in WI-FI and Ethernet.
Now I'm also expiriencing WI-FI breaks on my phones also.

I've download the log file to see if I can have some help. Should I upload it here?

Best Regards.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco connection instable - Ethernet and WI-FI
2021-08-20 07:36:52

@SirT 

Hi, would you mind trying the beta firmware here first

[Solution] Wi-Fi speed drops down after updating Deco M4 to the latest 1.5.0 firmware

Options
2021-08-20 18:53:00

@TP-Link I don't mind, but since I have TP-Link problems, the solution is always a beta firmware. That's strange...

Options
2021-08-23 22:23:49

@TP-Link 

I've check the link you sent me because the problems don't stop. So First point in your PDF is:

"Please verify the hardware version of your device. Wrong firmware upgrading may damage your device and void the warranty."

Then I saw that the beta version in that post is for Hardware version 1.0. In initial post I said that my hardware is 2.0!!!

Can you please be a bit more professional?!?!

Options
2021-08-24 02:54:20 - last edited 2021-08-24 03:06:57

@SirT 

Hi, please don’t worry and the beta firmware is suitable for both V1 and V2. Since it is only allowed to choose one hardware, so only V1 is chosen but now I have deleted the hardware in case of further confusion. Thanks a lot for understanding.

Since there is no improvement after installing the firmware, we might need your help to confirm the following details:

When the internet dropped out, would any Deco turn red?

How often did this drop the connection?

When the computer and smartphone dropped the internet, are they still connected to Deco but no internet service?

May I know who is your internet service provider and what is the internet connection type, such as Dynamic IP, or PPPoE?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. turn off the Mesh Technology for the mobile devices.

2. turn off the fast roaming and beamforming on the Deco APP.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-24 22:14:06

@TP-Link 

I did not install beta firmware yet. I will as soon as you confirm that there will be no warranty issue.

"When the internet dropped out, would any Deco turn red?"
- No

"How often did this drop the connection?"

-It's not in a regular way. Computer does a lot, Iphone it's not in a regular way.

"When the computer and smartphone dropped the internet, are they still connected to Deco but no internet service?"

- Yes. It shows connected but without internet.

"May I know who is your internet service provider and what is the internet connection type, such as Dynamic IP, or PPPoE?"

- MEO , and internet connection on ISP router is IPoE. On deco is set as Dynamic IP.

Also I have a log file that I can send to support.

Options
2021-08-25 02:48:17

@SirT 

Hi, installing the beta firmware does not void the warranty.

You could send me the log file after installing the beta since the beta firmware is also the debug firmware.

By the way, may I know the model number of the computer and iPhone that had an unstable connection?

And how did you recover the internet connection when the computer disconnected from the internet?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-25 07:47:21

@TP-Link 

Computer is a Asus K550J and Iphone SE 2020.

I will install and send it later. Where should I send the log?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 893

Replies: 7

Related Articles