Need for channel adjustment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-03 23:11:42
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 build 20210204 Rel. 50164

I noticed that speed on my Deco was extremely low. So I ran some tests with the deco app. Interference was the problem. With former routers, this was easily solved. But Deco wont let me, let alone that it is solved automatically as I would have expectes. Furthermore, all units seem to be pinned to the same channel. Pretty busy! 

I cant get my head around this. In an older thread, I read that TPlink saw no reason for change, but I hope this is no longer the case. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need for channel adjustment
2021-08-04 03:30:56

@martienbrander 

Hi, it is still not supported to manually change channels on the Deco and there hasn’t been an updated plan about this feature yet.

On firmware 1.5.1, the network optimization feature has been added (under Deco APP>More) to update the channels automatically. Have you tried this feature?

If it did not help either, please provide more detailed information about your speed issue so that later we could forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance, such as:

How much speed did you get from Deco, via 5ghz, and via Ethernet cable

How much bandwidth you have subscribed from ISP?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 1

Related Articles