DDNS not getting updated when Public IP is changed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-16 17:34:54 - last edited 2021-05-18 00:53:05
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 170331 Rel.31789

hello

-----------------------------------------------------------

Model Number: TD-W8968 V5

Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 170331 Rel.31789

Internet Service Provider(ISP): Algerie telecome (Algeria)

-----------------------------------------------------------

DDNS is not getting updated when the ISP changes the IP address.

This is causing lots of problem when you need to access your internal servers such as (DVR, Alarm system).

Here is what happens in a few lines:

- When I reset the modem with NO-IP the Dynamic DNS gets updated without any problem and works perfectly this means that the configuration on the router for DDNS is good.

- Every 24 hours when the ISP renews the IP address the router does not update Dynamic DNS with the new IP address (In our country every 24 hours the IP address changes)
- and the problem will be solved only If i restart the router
- that mean that the router haven't the ability to check if ip has changed or not until you do a restart of router

- Note : I tried the previous firmware version but still the same problem.

please help us to solve the problem because as i see in the internet a lot of people have the same issue.

Options
7 Reply
Re:DDNS not getting updated when Public IP is changed
2021-05-18 15:58:30

@aymennaruto 

If you can't get the DDNS problem of your TD-W8968 solved, then you might want to look for another solution.

Do you happen to have any other devices in your network that have the DDNS feature built in, like a security camera or a NAS storage device?

Or do you have another discarded router lying around that you could reactivate just for utilizing its DDNS function?

Options
2021-05-20 08:03:10

@aymennaruto 

Hi, have you checked whether the internet IP address on the modem changed or not after ISP updated the IP address?

If possible, please also try to change the WAN DNS server to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to have a look;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-20 09:24:24

@woozle 

Hi, No i dont have any other devices with ddns feature built in And also dont have onother router But i think i should buy another brand router because im tired of tplink and their issues

Options
2021-05-20 09:33:14

@TP-Link 

Hello, yes i am sure that the ISP provider has changed the ip address and i see the new one in the router configuration, but the ddns doesnt try to fetch the new one, i mean the router hasn't the ability to check if the IP adress has been changed until i do a rester to the router to force it.

And also i tried to make 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 but the same issue.

Options
2021-05-21 09:31:02

@aymennaruto 

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

May I know how long have you had the TD-W8968?

And did this issue start at the very beginning?

Since this model is end of life for quite a while, I am not sure whether there would be a new firmware;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-21 10:39:54

@TP-Link 

Hi,

I bought this router in 2017 

And yes from the beginning i had this problem but then i didnt care because i didnt need it in that time.

But now i really need it thats why i ask you to helpe me to solve this problem by an upgrade or something like that.

Thanks.

Options
2021-05-24 10:02:17

@aymennaruto 

Hi, I don't think there would be a firmware upgrade in a short time.

Maybe we can have a try on woozle's idea;

If you can't get the DDNS problem of your TD-W8968 solved, then you might want to look for another solution.

Do you happen to have any other devices in your network that have the DDNS feature built in, like a security camera or a NAS storage device?

Or do you have another discarded router lying around that you could reactivate just for utilizing its DDNS function?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 994

Replies: 7

Related Articles