SIM card not detected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SIM card not detected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SIM card not detected
SIM card not detected
2021-04-30 01:08:36
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Firmware Version:1.9.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190307 Rel.54196n

I just got an Archer MR200 last week and I'm finding it very frustrating to work with. Every so often it stops connecting and shows no SIM found.

The SIM is not a problem as I've successfully connected to the Internet with both a Three and a Virgin card. The problem is the constant disconnections which it appears is a feature of this model.

Is there a firmware upgrade I can apply? It sounds like a known problem.

If any logs are required, please let me know where I can get hold of them. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:SIM card not detected
2021-05-10 06:25:25

@balangaman 

Hi, can you please check the troubleshooting suggestions we provided here, then get back with the results? We will suggest further:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/261882

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:SIM card not detected
2021-06-03 17:40:29 - last edited 2021-06-03 17:42:34

The 'No SIM Found' is misleading error. when using the unit, I get this msg, then after turning it off and on, sometimes several times, sometimes ejecting and re-inserting the SIM it just starts working. Sometimes the unit works fine for days on end, but sometimes it just won't connect, and I have tried it with three different SIM cards. Sometimes it won't connect with a particular SIM, but then I try the same SIM in a laptop and it's fine. Is there any logfile anywhere which shows the reason for a disconnection or a non-connection. It's infuriating when this happens.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 747

Replies: 2

Related Articles