add TL-WR902AC to create hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-26 13:50:36 - last edited 2021-04-28 02:12:24
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.3 v0089.0 Build 191018 Rel.34369n(4555)

Hi,

I'm trying for few days to create a wireless link between an electronic board and my computer.

The electronic board have a fixed IP(192.168.1.66) and works perfectly directly connected to my computer.

I wanted to make my board free of wire.

I don't find the solution between all the capabilities of the TL-WR902AC.

Could you given an tips to make my dream come true :-).

Thanks for your help.

David

Options
3 Reply
Re:add TL-WR902AC to create hotspot
2021-04-28 02:29:39

@D.Vincent 

Follow Chapter 7 from your TL-WR902AC user guide to make it work as a wireless client to your wi-fi router.

Then from computer connected to your wi-fi router just access this wireless client (electronic board).

" Client: In this mode, this device can be connected to another device via Ethernet port and act as an adapter to grant your wired devices access to a wireless network, especially for a Smart TV, Media Player, or game console only with an Ethernet port. "

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-04-28 03:11:04

Hi @terziyski ,

Thanks for the tips, this idea works if I've an existing wireless networks existing ?

In my configuration I've haven't any existing wireless router to connect the TL-WR902AC as client.

The TL-WR902AC have the create the wireless access between my computer and my board.

Thanks.

Options
2021-04-28 03:49:23

@D.Vincent 

Are there any limitations on the electronic board? If no special settings, you can try to set up the WR902AC as a normal wireless router, it will provide you a wireless connection then:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2028/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 3

Related Articles