Backup Internet - Plug and Play? or requires setup again? (Deco M9 Plus and M4)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-06 16:00:05 - last edited 2021-04-06 16:01:12
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there, I cant see to find any thread on this topic please do let me know if there are any.

So as the title mentions, my household currently has 2 ISPs, PLDT as my primary ISP and SkyFiber as my secondary/backup.

Just for added context this is how my Deco network is currently setup

PLDT ONU (bridge mode) > Deco M9 Plus (main deco/router) > TP Link Switch > 1 more Deco M9 plus and 3 Deco M4s as access points

Everything is wired and on ethernet backhaul

(this works great as long as provider is performing well)

My main question:

If my primary provider goes down (and this happens quite a bit) should i be able to easily swap it out with my SkyFiber ONU? 

Basically plug my SkyFiber modem's connection into the main Deco M9 plus.

Or ,if i want to use my Deco devices with the same topology, would i need to reset my deco devices and set it up again?

I recently tried to connect the SkyFiber (on bridge mode) line to my main Deco M9 Plus and apparently no internet is detected, so i'm not sure what went wrong.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Backup Internet - Plug and Play? or requires setup again? (Deco M9 Plus and M4)
2021-04-07 02:24:27 - last edited 2021-04-07 02:26:31

@Novaa 

Hi, Have you checked whether PLDT and Sky Fiber use the same internet connection type, such as dynamic IP, with or without VLAN ID?

If they used the same connection type when one is down, normally Deco could restore the connection after swapping it out with the other;

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 1

Related Articles