Archer C2300 - How to automatically restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-09 22:19:16
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer C2300(EU)_V1_180810

Hi,

With homeworking I do constant video and audio calls with MS teams and have a reasonably high throughput of data on the router. Every week the router slows down on the wifi and our family iphones/ipads and other wireless devices slow to a snail pace, whilst the wired devices seem unaffected. Equally running speedtest on the router yields blistering speeds 376 dpwm 38 up with similar speeds on my lan based PCs.  A restart of the router brings everything back to normal for wireless devices (of which we probably have 15+).

This seems to be a RAM allocation/release issue, which I doubt TP-Link will fix, however I was wondering if there is anyway of autoscheduling the router to restart at night every few days to clear the RAM and keep performance on point.

Thanks,

Jon.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 - How to automatically restart
2021-03-09 22:38:50

@Innocuous 

I believe that only in HW v2 there's a Reboot Schedule feature which you can use for that purpose.

If you don't have that in System Tools then you can't do that automatically.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 761

Replies: 1

Related Articles